Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Onward and upward

I made my way out of Xiaoxing fairly easily, even racing yet another barge. This time I won (bwahaha.ha.ha.)- The road was fairly easy to follow, and I was very proud of myself. You may ask how? well I was able to find the symbols on the signs and match them to the symbols on my map. Ha. I can kinda sorta read in Chinese. I feel much better now. I made my way to Shengzhou. The first part of the road was clear, and well marked, but then it became country. Very very country. Then it went up hill. But the weather was better and for the most part even though the road was narrow and winding, there was very little traffic. It was very beautiful in the country side, and if I didn't have to climb so many hills I probably would have enjoyed it more. I'm in Shengzhou now, after taking one day off. The hotel is nice, and I needed a bit of a rest. Tomorrow I'm off again, and hopefully won't get lost and can make it a bit farther.
Till the next post, take care and all my love

5 comments:

bebemc said...

christine!
it's michelle here. just wanted to drop a little love here on your blog for ya. i'm glad to hear that your doing well. i'm SO proud of you. i don't think i can ever do this bike trip. are you ever coming back to suzhou before you go back to the states? ahh work has been absolutely crazy. i wish you and elizabeth are still here. i miss you!

Steve Imlay said...

Christine,
Glad you are surviving the trip. Be safe. Looking forward to seeing you again when you get back stateside.

Steve

Chris Lee said...

christine, don't forget to share some pictures about your trip with us:-)

Robust said...

Christine,
At first I was worried about ur trip, but it seems u are doing well, I'm so proud of u! Take care, and don't forget to try some local delicacy, u may like that!

janna.zhou said...

chris:i saw you put on a happy face during the trip hunt,thats a good news.phew,i am glad that you did.i am so proud of you,i have eyes for you......waiting for your next page ...lucky and safe with your forever......my chris