Friday, March 23, 2007

sigh

I'm still in Hue
I can't go to another town and have them send my passport because I need the visa for the hotels.
I can't hurry the government. (and since I offered to pay even more for a hurry-up and she said it was impossible, I tend to believe her more that it really is a government thing and not a fraud thing)
The electricity keeps going off in my neighborhood.
I don't want to see another pagoda.
I am obviously not a "good" tourist. I find most of the touristy sites to be profoundly boring. But I thought some of the dusty not on the map towns to be pretty interesting.
My front tire has another flat, but I think I'll wait till Monday to fix that and mail my winter clothes.
On the bright side:
I found a restaurant that has a beautiful avocado salad. I love avocado.
The riverfront park is beautiful. I like sitting by the river, watching it lazily meander downstream while on the bridge everyone is hurrying and scurrying across.
Till I post again be good, be happy, and have fun.

No comments: