Friday, March 2, 2007

Easy like Sunday morning

I only wish I had come here sooner so that I could enjoy this province more. I got into Naning yesterday. Wow what a nice city. It just felt so relaxed, and everything was easy. As I was leaving Yunfu, I realized that I wasn't alone in my ordeal. So many people were tense, and part of the problem was of course the bad guys. I took a bus into Naning, because I was tired and I don't have much time left. I could tell the difference when we went through Cenxi. This has got to be the most tidy place in China. Even the trash dumps are tidy. It is kinda amazing. Naning can only be described as lush. It was a very pretty city. It took me a long time to get out of the city, not because I got lost (I didn't for once) but because I kept slowing down to enjoy the place. Even changing money was easy compared to everywhere else. If I ever come back to China, I would consider Naning. The only problem was about 15 km outside the city, the 322 just disappeared. I asked how to get to Baoling- the next city, and apparently you go along one road, then you have to go up a dirt ramp, then you are back on the 322. I was a bit nervous about the proposition, but after I went up the dirt ramp I saw a truck that was stopped. I asked the driver and he said, go on the road. Then I saw the kilometer marker and I was indeed on the right road. Unfortunately it is not a very good road with a very very narrow shoulder, and there was a lot of wind. I only made 50 km today. I'm staying at a very interesting rooming house (only 10 yuan for the night so I can't really complain) in a very friendly small town. Tomorrow I will be in Baoling, and on the 4th I'll be in Pingxing. I will then have finished China. I will post a retrospective of the journey then.
Till I post again, be good, be happy and have fun.

No comments: