Saturday, April 14, 2007

another one bites the dust

I actually quite like Saigon, but I also like Hanoi. I read somewhere that most people either like one or the other. What does it mean when you like both?
I guess I'm just weird.
I also found out I'm not a real cyclist.
I met a Belgian, he cycles in Asia. We were talking. Apparently, I'm not doing it right.
He:"What kind of (thing I don't know what it does) do you use?"
Me: "What is that?"
He: "It regulates your gears. You haven't adjusted it?"
Me:" I didn't know I had it"
He:" Do you have GPS?", Me:" Uh, no" He: Do you have (spacial) pedals?" Me:"Uh, no"
HE: "Do you have the proper shoes?" Me: "Uh, no" He: "Do you have a cyclist swiss knife" Me: "What?" (it actually is kinda cool, it has every tool you would need) He: Do you have ... cycle shorts, underwear?" Me: "They have special cycle underwear?" (well, since I have a hard time finding regular underwear that fits, I don't think I'll find the special underwear anytime soon)
He: " How did you do this, you need ( a long list of things I'm sure were in English, but I don't know what they are)
After he left, I felt a little bad. I am not a cool cyclist, but then...
I realized I am The Woman. I did all of this, China and Vietnam, without any toys, and without any special equipment. I don't need all that stuff, and although a few were cool toys, they were just that, toys.
I feel good.
Till I post again, be good be happy and have fun.

1 comment:

gladstone said...

hi,Christine, i found you here,hope you enjoy your venture.

Gladstone Fan