Friday, April 6, 2007

decisions

I've made up my mind. I'm going to continue to bike to Saigon, then bike to Cambodia, Laos etc. I think it is best, because the thought of getting on a bus here is kinda scary, and this is supposed to be a bike trip.
I stocked up in NaTreng, and even went to the beach for a few minutes. I was surrounded by hawkers selling everything from sarongs to massages to baubles and to be honest, the beach cafe on the side of the road was better. But I did go on a major shopping spree, got antiseptic ointment in case I fall off my bike again, spf 81 sunscreen (I hope this helps) and various other needful things.

The way to NaTreng was pretty interesting. Mostly hilly (up,up,up, down,down,down, flat,flat,flat, up,up,up, down,down,down, flat,flat,flat etc.etc.)but there was a beautiful cafe right on a beach with small fishing boats, that I had to stop and take a break at. And the view! up up up and then seeing the white rocks emerge from turquoise water. wow.

That is one of the reasons I don't make very good time. For example the coffee shops/cafes here can be very beautiful. They are large, have lots and lots of plants and even a fountain or fish pond.There was one that looked especially cool. (literally, cool and breezy, with lots of flowering plants in terra cotta planters.) I decided to take a break. I get my orange juice followed by several boys. I'm tired so I don't really want to deal. But I smile anyway. They huddle and wisper. Now, I know that you know, when several boys start to wisper and huddle, it usually means trouble. I think to my self, oh no. Then one boy breaks off from the group and runs inside. I start to worry. He comes back with a dictionary. We go back and forth with the dictionary teaching each other new words. It was fun, and when I left one of the boys helped me get rid of a spider that wanted to stow away on board my bike.
I don't really want to quit.
Till I post again, be good, be happy, and have fun.

1 comment:

backpack_everyday said...

Woow Christen....Thats some pretty interesting experiences...
Will be back to read more updates....Heard Cambodia is really beautiful...again depends on wat u r looking for or not looking for I guess.

Vathsan