Saturday, April 7, 2007

blowin in the wind

Today is my birthday!
yeah
I will be in search of ice cream after writing this post.
The road to here has been different. It reminds me a bit of Texas, very dry desert and with lots of scrub and even some cactus. I know, I never would have guessed that Vietnam had cactus. There aren't many trees and only a few hills so the wind is extraordinary, I almost got blown off the bike. Really. But I think it is getting more lush. There are more trees and fewer cows or goats.
Did you know that goats will try to eat all of your baggage. It is true. One goat thought my bag was so delicious he followed me along for two kilometers.
Oh and by the way I reached over 1,500 km in Vietnam. wow.
I also experienced the most interesting bathroom yet. It was a pretty standard bathroom, what made it interesting was the large spider on the wall. It was just sitting there, and since I really had to go, I did. The spider didn't move, so I decided that it wasn't dangerous, just kinky.
And then about 10 km later, a butterfly hit me. Yeah. Who knew they could be so vicious. I was just riding my bike, minding my own business, when a butterfly fluttered along. Then it hit me, and fluttered on by. I was stunned.
However I am currently in a very happy mood, because there was a fruit stand with avocados, and I'm going to get some ice-cream, and maybe find a nice restaurant for dinner.
Till I post again, be good, be happy, and have fun.

No comments: