Wednesday, February 28, 2007

And so it goes

I'm having a very bad day today.
While I was enjoying the beauty of this area, two motorcycle boys came up behind me and took my waist bag. I tried to fight them, but they cut through the strap and ran off. I didn't lose much, but I did lose my camera. And all the cool pictures I have of China. And my room-mate Jane, and ... I don't really care about anything else in the bag, most of it can be replaced with varying degrees of ease, but the camera is a major bummer. I think for the rest of the journey I will get those cheap disposable cameras. I don't really love them because of the pollution problem, but at least I won't be heartbroken if I lose it.
Sigh.
I am going to take the bus to Cenxi, because to be honest, I'm a bit tired of this province, and I want to see some of Yunan. I only have 5 more days in China, and then on to Vietnam. According to Lonely Planet, the kind of theft I experienced is more common there, so I will be more careful. I almost hate to post this, because it make China sound dangerous or bad. That is so not true. OK it isn't always safe, but then your own bathroom is fraught with dangers, like slipping and molds etc. And really, I haven't had much of a bad time, and for everything bad that happens, so much more good happens.
Till I post again, be safe, be happy, and have fun.

1 comment:

janna.zhou said...

chris:thats good news you are okay,bad news you lost photo in your trip...in other side,that stuff are out of body...you are safe is the most importment...and i think you have many interesing thing happpened your remember in your wonderful tripthat is really absolutely priceless ,forget some pity thing ang bad guy,you did well.now i see a strong heart you have.i pround so much of you ,my best chris..take care ,i behind of you forever,you are not alone,you have many friends care you and love you...so be safe ,enjoy every second and have fun...