Sunday, May 13, 2007

Spring is in the Air

I will be in Vientien in 2 days. Wow. The last three days I've been cycling 100 km. That's right.
I left Savahnaket and went to Xeno. It was not very exciting, but I did get to catch up on my reading. (ha) Then from Xeno to Thakek. 100 km. On the way I stopped at a market, and found the most interesting thing to date. Bats in a basket. Yes that is right, here you can eat some grilled bats for lunch. I declined. (I also declined the grilled weasel, and the crickets on a stick)
In Thakek I did treat myself to a very nice room at Traveler's Lodge, a place that was built up by a guy from Denmark (I think). The room was beautiful, and they had a garden restaurant. I guess I could have gone out and explored some, but it was sooooooooooo nice. So I drank lots of banana and orange shakes, and talked to some ex-pats who live here and didn't leave.
From Thakek I went to a small town called Namthone, and if you would blink you would miss it. The guest house was pretty nice anyway, even though it was the only one. The next morning, I was on my way to Pakxan, where I found an Internet place (finally).
The reason for the title, is because every one has babies all over the place. It is cute overload Laos style. Baby people, dogs, cats, goats, cows, pigs, ducks, chickens. Even that ugly bird I still don't know the name of (and even the chicks aren't that cute) Every time I stop for a break there is always a cute overload somewhere close by.
(ok I break a bit too often, but.....I did 100 km in one day! so sue me)
Till I post again, be good, be happy, and have fun.

1 comment:

Blue Ghost said...

hey finaly !
hope it lets me post this. 100km! your gonna be in good shape when you come back.
be safe.
luvya