Monday, June 18, 2007

Not George of the Jungle

I left Jeli early in the morning. I slept amazingly well, considering the jungle at night is NOT a quiet place. After Jeli the jungle rescinded into plantations (pineapple and banana) and then into just lush green valleys. I made it to Manchang in very good time, but the town had only one hotel, and it wasn't very nice at all. (expensive and shared bathroom) Originally I had planned to go to Kampung Raja but I knew I didn't have time, and I didn't know if it would have any hotels, so I decided to go to Kota Bharu even though it is a bit more northerly than I wanted. I'm so glad I did. I found a nice guest house, but it wasn't in the center of town. So the owner's brother drove me into the city center so that I could get some money changed, get on the Internet, do some shopping, go to the central market etc. The man was so nice, he even showed me where the museums were and told me some of the history of the place. He said if I need anything to call, and then when I wanted to pay him, he refused to let me give him "a little for gas". I'm always amazed at the kindness of most people.
Till I post again, be good, be happy, and have fun.

No comments: