Friday, June 1, 2007

Random

I made it to Nikon Si, and am heading down the cost. My hotel is a large purple building that reminds me of the song "purple people eater"
They are transporting some substance that smells vaugely like a tobacco shop that has been closed for too long and everything has gone slightly sour.
The heat is still oppressive, but I don't really feel it when I'm on my bike as much as after I've stopped.
I had to break down and buy a new tire, as my old one was too far gone, now my bike feels a bit funny.
I always forget half the things I think will be cool to write about as I'm traveling. I have whole paragraphs plus soundtrack. In my mind. But. When I get to the internet cafe, I forget half of it.
They are having some kind of festival for a monk who carves these "special" icons. Everyone is selling them. Including the repair shops and computer shop. It seems a bit odd to me.
The beach is beautiful on the east coast, but I also like the little fishing coves even if they aren't white sand.
I am thinking about how far I've come. When I started, I felt good about doing 60 km in one day. Now if it is under 100 km I think it is easy peasy. My knees no longer hurt when I get off my bike. I still don't know what I want to do. I will take the bus from Songkha to Malaysia because it is too dangerous to go into HatYai.
Till I post again, be good, be happy and have fun.

No comments: