Wednesday, June 6, 2007

a rainy night in Hat Yai

If I'm going to be either entering a city early in the afternoon, or staying an extra day, I will need to invest in an umbrella. Just after I left the internet cafe, it started pouring down buckets. This happened in Songkhla as well.
I am happy this morning though. I found a very good travel agency, they will try to fit my bike on the bus, and they quoted a reasonable price. It was run by women, both buddhst and muslim. I liked that they were working together, and when I explained my fear they didn't laugh or say "no problem- perfectly safe" when I know it isn't. I'm glad I decided to stay an extra couple of days. Now if only I can find a t-shirt that isn't covered with tacky sayings.
Till I post again, be good, be happy and have fun.

1 comment:

Blue Ghost said...

Ok, had to do a test comment to make sure it would let me this time. I have a google account now so I don't forsee any future probs. Your post today made me think of my theory to gain lasting peace in the middle east. Everyone says it's impossible but that's what they said about winged craft that can fly like a bird and transport people to and fro. Basicaly if ALL the children, Muslin, Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, ect would go to school TOGETHER grades K-12 it would be a start. And NO teaching hate such as "death to Isreal and/or America" or anyone. They would make friends. They're kids, they don't know any better. :-)
Peace,
Sandy
ps. think maybe you could pick up a t-shirt for your sister and your niece or nephew?