Wednesday, June 6, 2007

quick, quick

Made it to Hat Yai. I was going to stay a couple of days in Songkhla, but the town was really small, and had almost nothing to do but hang at the internet shop. So.... I am now in Hat Yai, and it wasn't much of a trip. They were doing road construction and that slowed me down somewhat, but I still got in pretty early. Found a niceish hotel, and tried to book a bus ticket. It was harder than it seemed. In many ways HatYai seems kinda like a ghost town, not so many people out and about and very very few foreigners. I would think that would make the travel agencies (and there are a ton of them) want to give a bit better service. Ha. I did find out that the reason they wouldn't book a bus ticket for me is that busses aren't allowed in the down town area. So. I will have to go to the s.market and try to get my bike on a bus. I do not want to go to the border by bike even though several of the travel agents said it wasn't dangerous. However if worse comes to worse I could do it, as it is only 60 km.
Till I post again, be good, be happy and have fun.

No comments: