Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sing sister sing.

Songs are really starting to go through my head. Unfortunately I can't remember all the words.
Last night I watched Shrek 3, and thought it so-so. Not that bad, but I could have waited. I started out a bit late, but it was ok, I'm still here in Baling pretty early. There are bat caves here.
The road has ceased it's ode to flatness, but the jungles and mountains are gorgeous. And one guy bought me an ice tea (I think he felt bad because I burned myself on the exhaust of a motorcycle) and a woman stopped me on the side of the road, to ask me if she could take my picture for her class, as part of her lesson on strong women.
Yeah, things are more expensive here, but they are also a bit nicer too. One thing I think Malaysia can teach the US is how to live with many different ethnic groups. No one "assimilates" and yet they all work together and get along. The Muslims leave everyone else alone, the Hindus leave everyone else alone, the Christians leave everyone else alone. It seems to work well.
Till I post again, be good, be happy and have fun

2 comments:

Blue Ghost said...

Hi
That's great that lady wanted your pic. You are the bravest strongest woman i know, that's for sure. :-)
I love you.
Peace,
Sandy

christine'sbiketour said...

sandy,
I love you too, and can't wait to catch up when I get home