Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The map's end

Rolling into one of the towns on your list at 2:45 presents somewhat of a dilemma. On the one hand you know you can keep going for about 2 more hours. On the other hand you also don't know if there is a town big enough for a hotel within two hours biking distance. ( by 4:30 I am Tired. With a capital T. - and I always want to take a walkabout in the city I stop in because you always find something interesting and it is good for my knee). I decided to stop. Even though I had an extra rest day. After a short walk around town, I realized that the whole town was without electricity. It came back on after 8pm so I was able to take a hot shower. I also had a very good rest. I realized I had made the right decision when a) I found underwear in my size. I know - too much information- but here in China, it is a major issue for me. Even after all my biking I still don't have a Chinese size bum. and b) When I moved on I realized there really wasn't a hotel sized town within 2 hours biking distance. And there were hills (not quite the mountains I had already traipsed trough, but still.....)
I made it to the end of my map. Unfortunately I'm in a rather sleepy dusty little town and I haven't found a bookstore to by a new one. I think I'll just keep on this road until the next big enough town for a bookstore shows up. I still find the choices for the map somewhat strange. There are very small, barely a village towns on the map, and fairly largish towns that are not included. I know there is some logic to the choices, but so far I haven't figured it out.
Till my next post, be good, be happy and have fun.

No comments: