Sunday, February 11, 2007

truckin'

Well, Thank you Uncle David (and if I know them, Aunt Paulette) and Aunt Mary Grace. I am now well rested, soon to be well fed, and on my way tomorrow. I am so grateful that in China, the post office is open 7 days a week, and worst didn't come to worst. And Jane, don't worry too much--
Things I've learned:
1. Always eat where the locals are, the food tastes better and is cheaper, plus you can point to what you want.
2. There is very little correlation between price and quality in hotel rooms here in China. Some of the nicer rooms were cheaper. Also, NEVER get a room in a hotel near a KTV.
3. Chocolate melts. Rather obvious I know, but.........
4. Things always seem better after a hot shower and a cup of coffee. (even if it is only coffee mix)
5. As much as I love China, it needs some noise laws.

And one question-- is it bad when you start singing Chinese pop songs to yourself, even when you don't know the words?

Till my next post, be good, be careful and be happy.

2 comments:

Musicking Links said...

good on you Christine!!!

janna.zhou said...

chris:thats good to hear you with a happy face go on in your next trip...be good ,do best...you did pretty good..be safe and with a smile face every-second.....many happy and luck returns.....to my best chris