Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Oh yeah

Leaving Ningde was actually quite easy. I didn't get lost once. I was quite happy. It was also semi-flat. I was really happy. However there was one largish hill that I had to climb, but when I made it to the top there was a very sweet, very cute, police man who spoke English and gave me water and oranges. It made my day. From Ningde to Fuzhou is 120 km. I decided to stop at 60 km. The road was pretty easy and only once did I see mountains looming (but thankfully the road curved around them). Unfortunately at 60 km there was no signs of human habitation. I of course, pressed on. I found a nice little town, and a brand new hotel about 10 km later.
The road was again mostly flat and so I was mostly happy. I made it into Fuzhou by 1pm. It is unusual for me to stop that soon, but Fuzhou was one of THE stops so I found a nice hotel and decided to explore. I found three berries ice cream, and melons on a stick. And a few markets although I wasn't really wanting to shop it was nice to go through them eating ice cream.
The weather is getting much much warmer. I'm going to have to be more careful of my skin and sunburn.
Leaving Fuzhou was a bit more problematic. I like the mid size cities the best. The really big cities are much harder to find things in and much harder to find your way out of. I asked around and one very nice young man decided it was easier to show me than tell me. He got on his bike and said "follow me"- He led me to the highway and when I tried to pay him for his time he wouldn't take it.
The road out of Fuzhou has been really nice. A few small hills and some nice scenery. I really like how here in the south they have such pretty gates into the towns and cities. Some are really beautiful.
I should make Putian by tomorrow evening.
Until my next post, be good, be happy and have fun.

1 comment:

sandybumz said...

hey christine,
sounds like your havin a blast!your so luckys :-)
write me soon
luv ya,
sandy